Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Poppy Seed Chicken | The Girl Who Ate Everything

 
Poppy Seed Chicken | The Girl Who Ate Everything
 
Photobucket
The type of food most searched for on this blog is "Casseroles" which tells me that you are just like me in the fact that sometimes you just need an easy casserole to feed the troops and call it good. Now I know that casseroles aren't fancy but sometimes you just have to get 'er done.

I'll be honest...some days I'm lucky if I get a shower and others I'm more together and want to put a little more effort into dinner. So I've included the basic poppy seed chicken recipe which by itself is awesome...and then additional ingredients I like to add to make it a little bit more fantastic when I have the time. Oh yeah, and kids love this which makes for a tantrum free dinner table.

Poppy Seed Chicken
base of recipe adapted from Allrecipes
5 cups chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
1 cup sour cream
2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup
2 cups crushed Ritz crackers (about 1 1/2 rolls of crackers)
1/2 cup melted butter
1 T poppy seeds
Additional Ingredients to make it fancy:
1 tsp Worchestershire sauce
1 tsp celery salt
1 tsp minced garlic
1 T lemon juice
1/4 tsp pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your experiences with this recipe.