Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Best Buttercream

THE BEST BUTTERCREAM
Taken from:  i am Baker

IMG_8001.cakes

And remember that super amazing buttercream frosting recipe?  Be warmed... this is the sweet stuff.  Like, ridiculously sweet.  I just happen to be a fan of that.
(adapted from allrecipes.com)


2 cups shortening
8 cups confectioner's sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon clear imitation vanilla extract
6 fluid ounces heavy cream

IMG_7837.stampIn a large bowl, cream shortening with mixer until fluffy.  Add confectioners sugar (2 cups at a time) until well blended.  If the frosting gets to thick at any time you can add some of your heavy cream.
Add salt, vanilla, and heavy cream and blend until combined, then blend on high until frosting is light and fluffy.  If you need to add additional cream you can. (up to 2 tablespoons)
You should end up with this amazingly luscious delectable stuff.  Well.  If you added pink food coloring that is.
Also, this was enough frosting to cover all my cakes, so I would recommend halving it.
Now go forth and bake!  And then, go forth and decorate!
P.S.  I posted a couple additional photos over at my flickr page.  I was getting a bit too frilly for my little baking blog! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your experiences with this recipe.